Ingredients for Making Korean Tomato Salad
- Tomatoes are green 1 kilogram
- Sweet bell pepper 1-2 pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Dill to taste and desire
- Table vinegar 9% 50 milliliters
- Vegetable oil 50 milliliters
- Sugar 50 grams
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Red pepper (dried and ground) 1/2 teaspoon or to taste and desire
- Main ingredients: Pepper, Tomato, Garlic, Sugar, Greens
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, a deep bowl, a measuring cup, a tablespoon, a garlic press, a glass half-liter or one-liter jar - as many as you need, a plastic thick lid - as many as you need, a refrigerator, salad bowl or a serving plate.
Making Korean salad of green tomatoes:
Step 1: prepare the inventory.
The acquaintance of a Korean woman who is famous in the market for her masterpieces of sweet and sour-spicy vegetable dishes shared the secret of this magnificent salad with me. So, I don’t know who how, but I’m used to using crystal clear dishes for cooking. First, we check glass half-liter or liter jars for cracks, nicks and other damage. Then we wash them under tricks of warm running water along with ordinary plastic caps, as well as other necessary equipment. During this process, you can use an ordinary soft kitchen sponge, baking soda and a detergent with a minimum content of chemicals. After this, we sterilize the cans in any convenient way, and cover the lids and small kitchen utensils with boiling water and put everything on the countertop.
Step 2: prepare the ingredients.
Then, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the garlic, ginger, peel the seeds and remove the tails, and cut the place on the green tomatoes where the stalk was attached. We wash these products with greens under trickles of cold running water and dry with paper kitchen towels. Then, in turn, lay out on a cutting board and continue the preparation. We chop tomatoes, rings, half rings or quarters.
Salad pepper in cubes or straws with a thickness of 6 to 8 millimeters.
Finely chop the dill, and squeeze the garlic cloves through a special press. Then we put the rest of the necessary ingredients on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: prepare a Korean salad of green tomatoes.
We shift the slices into a deep bowl or other clean dishes. Pour them with the right amount of vinegar and vegetable oil. Add red hot pepper, sugar and salt.
Mix everything with a clean tablespoon until smooth and leave at room temperature for 10-15 minutesso that the vegetables let the juice go.
Step 4: store a Korean salad of green tomatoes.
After the required time has elapsed, we mix everything again and distribute the salad in sterilized jars, slightly tamping and pouring in with high-quality juice, if there is not enough liquid, add boiled warm or chilled water. After that, we seal the glass container with clean plastic lids and put it in the refrigerator, in which such a workpiece can be stored for about from 6 to 9 monthswithout losing, but even improving your taste.
Step 5: serve a Korean salad of green tomatoes.
Korean salad of green tomatoes without preservation is stored only in the refrigerator, pre-packaged in glass, preferably sterilized jars and hermetically sealed with thick plastic lids. You can savor this vegetable highlight in 8-9 hours, but the longer the dish is infused, the more it acquires a more saturated flavor and aroma. The salad is served chilled or at room temperature in a bowl specially designed for this purpose, as a snack for the first or second hot dishes. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- some hostesses add sweet carrots and chopped onions, chopped on a special Korean grater, to the above products;
- instead of dill, you can use parsley or not put greens at all;
- an alternative to dried red hot pepper - a few fresh pods;
- there is no way to store the salad in the refrigerator? Then preserve it! Just pack the infused vegetable mixture in glass jars. Pour juice into each accumulated at the bottom of the bowl and, if necessary, add boiled water. Then cover the glass containers with screw or ordinary metal caps with an elastic band and sterilize over low heat, in boiling water for 25 or 25 liters and 30-35 minutes. After that, cork the workpiece with a kitchen towel or a preservation key and cool under a woolen blanket for 2-3 days. Then put the tomatoes in a cool place and enjoy their great taste in winter.